HISTORY OF THE ALL ON 4
The all on 4 dental procedure was developed in the 1990’s by the Portuguese dentist Paulo Malo. It was created as way to more efficiently use implants in both jaws. This is a very valuable treatment for upper arch restoration because of the use of longer and stronger implants in the back part of the jaw.
With the advance of computer simulation technologies, bio-mechanics, and clinical research in the 2000’s dental professionals were able to determine the optimal use of implants for restoring full upper and/or lower arch of teeth. The product of this technology and hard work was a procedure that uses the fewest possible implants, avoids bone graft surgery, and provides high quality restorative results in a very short period of time.
ALL ON 4 PROCEDURE
In this technique, 4 implants are placed in the anterior region of the jaw, which has the highest bone density because this also represents the highest success rate, thus allowing the fitting of a fixed prosthesis with 12 to 14 teeth immediately on the day of surgery.
The “All-on-4” technique permits doctors to place implants in patients who have poor bone levels and in those who would normally require a bone graft prior to an implant placement. Moderate oral sedation allows each patient to be comfortable and safe throughout the process. The entire procedure, including all necessary extractions can be finished in just one day!
BENEFITS OF THE ALL ON 4 PROCEDURE
- Very minimal recovery time (beautiful new teeth in one day)
- There is a lower overall cost when compared to single implants
- Makes dentures unnecessary and obsolete
- It eliminates the need for bone grafting, in most cases
- Permits easy maintenance through proper oral hygiene
- Returns the ability to eat all types of foods
- Ensures long-term results with the potential to last a lifetime
- Renews a youthful appearance through bone level stabilization
- Improves self-confidence and overall quality of life
Please Contact Us if you have any questions, concerns, or would like to setup a consultation.